Thursday, June 7, 2007

New basement Floor and Tree on our deck



We have had all kinds of excitement here over the last couple of weeks. We finally finished our basement floor, working hard over the Memorial Day Weekend and beyond. It had some nasty carpet that should have been gone long ago. The new floor is a wood looking laminate and is great for all the abuse we put it through. Kevin and I actually survived installing it ourselves, learning that if I stood on the already installed floor he could get the other pieces to lockin to place. Needless to say that wasn't in the instructions. We love it and already love wipeing up the messes,verses, scrubbing them into the carpet fibers. We also has some excitement of a big storm last weekend. My friend Michelle was here with her twin boys for supper and we were watching our big canopy of trees sway with the strong winds and Michelle asks me, do you ever worry about trees coming down being under the trees, and before I could answer her, BOOM, the tree fell on our deck, we were standing by slider and nearly sent us both to anxiety attacks! What a surprize! The tree did overall very little damage to our deck, but made a big mess. Our neighbors already took all the limbs off the tree, so now it looks a lot less threatoning. I didn't get out there with my camera soon enough. We are all thankful we are okay and really just a good story to tell in the end.

1 comment:

Jan Van Weelden said...

Wow, how nice your floor looks. I cannot imagine you doing by yourself. I think it is amazing and very practical.

The tree is very scary and am glad you did not get hurt or even very much on the deck and house. I guess that is the "down" side of living around all those trees!
Love you all
MOM